[personal profile] katestine
1) Lavinia, Octavia Butler (electronic)
2) The Pairing, Casey McQuiston (electronic)
3) Rocky Start, Jennifer Crusie, Bob Mayer (electronic)
4) Welcome to Temptation, Jennifer Crusie (electronic)
5) Bet Me, Jennifer Crusie (electronic)
6) The Rosie Project, Graeme Simsion (electronic)
7) Manhunting, Jennifer Crusie (electronic)
8) Pippi Goes On Board, Astrid Lindgren, translated by Florence Lamborn
9) Preferential Treatment, Heather Guerre (electronic)
10) The Masquerades of Spring, Ben Aaronovitch (audiobook)
11) Very Nice Funerals, Jennifer Crusie, Bob Mayer (electronic)
12) The Windeby Puzzle, Lois Lowry (electronic)
13) Wild Ride, Jennifer Crusie, Bob Mayer (electronic)
14) Raising the Bar, Avery Kane (electronic)
15) Gur Fvashy Jnlf bs Wnzvr Znpxramvr, Jennifer Ashley (electronic)
16) Spellbound, Heather Guerre (electronic)
17) The Secret of Bow Lane, Jennifer Ashley (electronic)
18) Venetia, Georgette Heyer (electronic)
19) The Arrangement, Mary Balogh (electronic)
20) The Weaver Takes a Wife, Sheri Cobb South (electronic)
21) The Honey Pot Plot, Jennifer Crusie, Bob Mayer (electronic)
22) Vikings: A Very Short Introduction, Julian D. Richards
23) Max in the House of Lies, Adam Gidwitz (electronic)
24) One Hundred Saturdays, Michael Frank (electronic)
25) Mio My Son, Astrid Lindgren, translated by Jill Morgan
26) Kantika, Elizabeth Graver (electronic)
27) The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl, Stacy McAnulty (electronic)
28) Qvegl Svygul Evpu Zra, Laurelin Paige (electronic)
29) Qvegl Svygul Evpu Ybir, Laurelin Paige (electronic)
30) Natural Law, Joey W. Hill (electronic)
31) Ice Queen, Joey W. Hill (electronic)
32) Mirror of My Soul, Joey W. Hill (electronic)
33) A Pigeon and A Boy, Meir Shalev, translated by Evan Fallenberg (electronic)
34) The Golden Age of Magic, Luanne G. Smith (electronic)
35) The King’s Fifth, Scott O’Dell
36) The Quiet Boy, Ben H. Winters (electronic)
37) The Hidden Palace, Helene Wecker (electronic)
38) Stone and Sky, Ben Aaronovitch (electronic)
39) The Black God’s Drums, P. Djèlí Clark, Channie Waites (audiobook)
40) How I Became a Spy, Deborah Hopkinson
41) Unfamiliar Fishes, Sarah Vowell (electronic)
42) Mexico Set, Len Deighton (electronic)
43) The Court of the Dead, Rick Riordan, Mark Oshiro
44) Songs for the Brokenhearted, Ayelet Tsabari (electronic)
45) The Moor Witch, Jessica Khoury (electronic)
46) London Match, Len Deighton (electronic)
47) The Silver Pigs, Lindsey Davis (electronic)
48) The Best Place on Earth, Ayelet Tsabari (electronic)
49) Caffeine, Michael Pollan (audiobook)
50) Feel Good Productivity, Ali Abdaal (electronic)
51) Courting Her Highness, Jean Plaidy (electronic)

##

Casey McQuiston: Settle for nothing less than the most.

Emily Oster: Yes, I take my hobbies too seriously, thanks for noticing. -September 19, 2024

Gaarakotq (on Reddit): My dad always says “you need to be in shape to ski but skiing doesn’t get you in shape”

Tim Urban: It doesn’t matter how much I like the guy, how much I agree with him, how much I feel desperate about the country. That is actually a support beam issue in the house.

Megan McArdle: The answer is that there is barely any party beyond Trump. Ideology and organization have both given way to Trumpian whimsy. He might not succeed in his dreams of restoring the American empire, but within the Republican Party, his imperial rule seems near-absolute. Whatever the emperor decrees, his subjects must apparently go along — even if the emperor decides they will be buried with him. -April 1, 2025

Eliezer Yudkowsky: What does a human slowly going insane look like to a corporation? It looks like an additional monthly user.

Hochschild: The rise of A.I. could do to the middle class — a lot of men in it — what the loss of coal did to the blue collar class -6/16/25

(no subject)

Date: 2025-01-07 06:02 pm (UTC)
ivy: Two strands of ivy against a red wall (Default)
From: [personal profile] ivy
I enjoyed "The Pairing", despite having not liked a previous McQuiston book. But I was at one liked, one disliked, so I figured I'd give it a go despite not being a foodie or an oenophile. That paid off. :)

(no subject)

Date: 2025-01-22 09:42 pm (UTC)
ivy: Two strands of ivy against a red wall (Default)
From: [personal profile] ivy
Liked: "Red, White, & Royal Blue". Disliked: "One Last Stop". (Which I felt bad about, because many other people I like *loved* that book. So I didn't want to be the wet blanket at their book love party, but the whole subway thing never made *any* sense and the whole worldbuilding was just kinda wait-what.)

Profile

katestine

January 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526 2728293031

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags